NAVIGATING COMPLEX LITIGATION MATTERS
Schimmel & Parks, APLC, opened its doors with a singular intention in mind: To offer top-quality legal counsel to those we represent. Based in Sherman Oaks, and serving throughout the region, we draw on more than 70 years of combined experience to help our clients achieve their legal goals.
Our attorneys are skilled in all types of civil litigation, and provide skilled representation in individual, mass tort and class-action cases. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for the clients we’ve served, and stand prepared to help you, too.
WE DON’T SHY AWAY FROM TOUGH CASES
Our lawyers have earned their reputations for success. In recent years they have pursued justice in a number of landmark mass tort cases, including Malibu fires, the Porter Ranch gas leak, and matters arising from floods and other catastrophes. The firm’s practice extends to a number of areas of law, including:
- Mass Torts — Helping a large group of clients recover compensation for their damages
- Civil litigation — Helping clients resolve their disputes both in and out of the courtroom
- Employment law — Standing up for employees who have been discriminated, harassed or retaliated against by their employers
- Labor Law — Helping employees get all the minimum wage, overtime wages and breaks they are owed
- Personal injury — Assisting individuals who have suffered serious injuries or illnesses as a result of others’ negligence or recklessness
- Construction disputes — Litigating disputes arising from the construction and design of mansions, estates and developments
- Rehabilitation center neglect — Representing individuals who have suffered sexual abuse, serious injuries or wrongful death while at rehab centers
- Insurance bad faith — Fighting back against unscrupulous insurance companies
We know how to litigate. We know the complications that are most likely to arise. We know how to provide our clients the legal support they need.
Recovery for policyholders victimized by insurance bad faith practices following Northridge Earthquake.
Judgment on behalf of a class of employees for personal injury and loss of property related to illegal working conditions.
Bad Faith Result
Recovery in defense costs for insureds denied their right to independent counsel by their insurance companies.
“I just wanted to say thank you again for taking our case through trial. We just think you are the best.” – John S.