Most areas in Southern California are not well equipped for large amounts of rain. For this reason, when the weather is stormy and wet, it is crucial to prepare your property for the possibility of a flood. In doing so, you can protect many of your most used assets and appliances. In addition, preparing your house or business before a flood or any other type of property damage occurs can keep you, your family, and your employees safe.
Below is a list of some of the most important things you can protect:
- Electrical panels
- Heating systems
To help you foolproof your business or house in case a flood occurs, consider the following tips our Southern California property damage attorneys have listed below:
- Elevate important and potentially dangerous utilities.
- Waterproof the basements of the Infrastructures.
- In case a power outage occurs, install a battery-operated system for backup.
- Consider installing a water alarm.
- Ensure debris is cleared from downspouts and gutters.
- Be sure to anchor down all fuel tanks.
- Store important documents in a safe area that is away from the lowest point in the building.
- Ensure furniture and other valuable items are stored in safe and dry areas.
Our Southern California Flood Damage Lawyers Can Help You
At Schimmel & Parks, APLC, our team is devoted to helping you live comfortably and safely. If your property has been damaged due to a flood or for any other reason, get in touch with our firm right away. We can help you file a claim with your insurance company so you can return to a comfortable life as soon as possible. At our firm, we know large insurance companies will try to minimize your claim. That is why we are here to stand up for you. Backed by more than 50 years of collective experience, our team has what it takes to obtain a positive outcome for you.